SocialExplorer.com is designed to provide libraries, scholars, students, and market researchers at all levels with quick and easy access to modern and historical census data and demographic information. This resource brings together a vast and growing amount of quantitative data with an intuitive visual interface to make demographic research, the analysis of social trends, and comparison of neighborhoods, communities, counties, and other areas accessible and interactive. Updated on a regular basis as new data and features become available, SocialExplorer.com is a reliable and complete reference of quantitative modern and historical information that meets the needs of research-oriented and scholarly users without sacrificing ease of use for students and other non-experts.
Join over 300 research institutions, libraries, companies, government agencies and individuals already enjoying SocialExplorer.com Premium.For more information on SocialExplorer.com history, data and features, please visit About.
- Access current and historical demographic data with ease:
- The entire U.S. Census from 1790 to 2010.
- The entire American Community Survey (ACS) from 2005 to 2014.
- The FBI Uniform Crime Report from 2010 and 2012.
- The presidential, congressional and gubernatorial results from the Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections from 1912 to 2014.
- The Religious Congregations and Membership Study (RCMS) from 1980 to 2010.
- The County Health Rankings and Roadmaps Program data from 2010 to 2016.
- Carbon Emissions Data for 2002 from the Vulcan Project.
- The United Kingdom Census from 2011.
- The Canadian Census from 2011.
- The Eurostat survey from 1990, 2000, and 2010 to 2013.
- The World Development Indicators from 2013.
- Irish religion and population data from 1911 to 2001.
- Plus new data sources added throughout the year.
- Stay current with the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau, which is processed and added to the site as soon as it is released.
- Browse full source documentation for all reports and maps, as well as the source and computation information for every variable.
- Replace printed volumes spanning 22 decades of census surveys with easy-to-compare data all in one place and one format.
Tools & Features
- Visualize data with customizable, user-friendly maps, allowing unparalleled exploration of demographic and social change to reveal the patterns behind the raw numbers.
- Create thematic and interactive maps that explore historical and modern U.S. census data across the centuries and even down to street level detail (where available).
- Search for geographies with ease using the address find tool.
- Export, save, and print maps and reports for professional-looking presentations and graphics. High-resolution images are available and any presentation can be exported directly to PowerPoint.
- Create multi-map presentations with the interactive slideshow tool for in-depth comparisons and storytelling.
- Graph and chart data with easy on-screen tools to investigate the information and communicate your findings.
- Save projects in your personal MyExplorer account for archiving, collaboration, and more.
- Share your creations in presentations and online through email, social media and website embeds.
- Create data reports at all geographic levels, including state, county, census tract, block group, zip code, and census place (where the data exist).
- Download data to a variety of file formats for use with your favorite statistical package. Our reports automatically calculate aggregates, percentages, inflation adjustments, and medians to save time and eliminate errors.
- No software to install or maintain, making it hassle-free for librarians and users. The site works entirely on the web, allows for convenient remote access, and provides many basic GIS and data manipulation functions.
- An ideal teaching resource that employs an engaging visual approach to demographic information for courses across the social sciences, and trusted by Pearson Publishing as a leader in social science online learning.