View data dictionary and documentation
To help you better understand the data you are looking at, Social Explorer provides a data dictionary with documentation you can access with a click. There are several ways to access it:
Browse all data dictionary pages
- Head over to the Metadata page.
- Select the survey you're interested in.
Access data dictionary through reports
There are two ways you can access the data dictionary through a report you've created.
- Click the table name or
- Under Sources & Notes, click Data Dictionary.
Access data dictionary from the tables page
- Head over to the Tables page.
- Find and click the survey you're interested in.
- Click More info next to the year you want to find out more about.
The data dictionary provides full documentation for the specified survey, which includes all variables, sources, and technical documentation. You can browse the data dictionary here.