Social Explorer’s Layer library provides you with the tools to control many visual elements in the map. With over eighty new map layers and more added regularly, let’s take a look at how to add map layers from the Layer library.
Add map layers
- Click the icon for More options in the Change data menu.
- In the Map layers tab, click on +Add layer to open the layer library.
Click on the title to learn more about the layer before selecting it. Each layer option includes information about its description, date of publication, data source, visibility, and class of data.
- Click the icon next to the layer title to add your selected map layer.
- Click Add when done.
Explore thousands of other variables from the Social Explorer data library with your added layers still applied to the basemap. To learn how to show/hide basemap layers, head over to this guide.
After you’ve selected your layer, the title of your added map layer and its associated class of data will appear in the map legend in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Add as many additional layers as you’d like by repeating steps 1 to 5.
Show, hide, or remove map layers
- To show/hide your additional map layers, click on the checkbox next to the layer title in the Map layers menu.
- To remove your added layer from the list, click the icon next to the layer title and select the Remove from list option.
- Click the Details option to find out more about your added map layer.
- Share, embed or email your maps as fully interactive features with your added layers on. Find out how to share Social Explorer maps here.