Visualize multiple variables
Social Explorer allows you to map multiple variables on a single map. This opens up new opportunities to compare different groups directly and visually. To get started, add the first variable as you normally would.
- In the top-left corner, click Change Data.
- Click the category you are interested in.
- Scroll and select the variable you want to visualize on the map.
- After the first map is created, select the other variable or variables you want to add. In the top-left corner, click Change Data.
- Check the boxes next to all the variables you want to add to the map.
You will see check boxes next to the eligible variables. You can select up to five variables from the same table. Always try to compare apples to apples.
For alternative ways of comparing data, try the side-by-side or swipe maps.