Create a new color palette
You can create your own custom color palettes on Social Explorer to personalize your maps. There are two ways in which to create your custom color palettes:
- Click Change visualization type in the Change data menu.
- Select Change color palette.
- Click + New Palette.
You can copy colors from the existing color palettes and customize them.
- Click a cutpoint to set its color from a dropdown menu.
Click + to add new cutpoints, or – to remove an existing one.
- Set the number of cutpoints by using the up and down arrows.
- Set colors for No data and Insufficient data.
- Click Done.
- Click the icon in the map legend in the bottom right corner of your map.
- Select Change color palette from the popup.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 as indicated above to create a new color palette from the map legend.
The map legend is now a separate component located in the bottom right corner of your screen. You can switch between different legend modes: minimized, maximized, detailed, and simplified. You can switch to satellite view or auto adjust your shaded area and bubble maps directly from the map legend.