View data dictionary
To help you better understand the data you are looking at, Social Explorer provides a data dictionary with documentation you can access with a click. There are several ways to access it:
Access data dictionary through maps
- In the upper-left corner, click the information button next to the Change Data button.
- Click Open data dictionary in the popup.
Browse all data dictionary pages
- Head over to the Metadata page.
- Select the survey you're interested in.
Access data dictionary through reports
There are two ways you can access data dictionary through a report you've created.
- Click the name of the variable in the table or
- Under Sources & Notes, click Data Dictionary.
Access data dictionary from the tables page
- Head over to the Tables page.
- Find and click the survey you're interested in.
- Click More info next to the year you want to find out more about.
Data dictionary provides full documentation for the specified survey, which includes all variables, sources and technical documentation. You can browse the data dictionary here.