For the 2010 census, the long- and short-form questionnaires used from 1940 to 2000 were replaced by a single questionnaire asking 10 questions. The questions asked by the long-form questionnaire are now asked by the annual American Community Survey.
The 2010 census asked the following ten questions:
- How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010?
- Were there any additional people staying here April 1, 2010 that you did not include in Question 1?
- Is this house, apartment, or mobile home: owned with mortgage, owned without mortgage, rented, occupied without rent?
- What is your telephone number?
- Please provide information for each person living here. Start with a person here who owns or rents this house, apartment, or mobile home. If the owner or renter lives somewhere else, start with any adult living here. This will be Person 1. What is Person 1's name?
- What is Person 1's sex?
- What is Person 1's age and Date of Birth?
- Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
- What is Person 1's race?
- Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else?