1) Open the appropriate Excel template for the Sequence ID you would like to import into Excel. The file will default to open on sheet 'E'. Both Sheet 'E' and 'M' have the same information; one sheet is for 'Estimates' and one sheet for 'Margin of Errors'. When the file is open in Excel 2007 it should appear as Figure 1-1 below.
2) Place your cursor in cell 'A3' and click on the 'Data' tab in the Excel tool bar. As shown in Figure 1-2 below.
3) To import the Summary File text file into Excel click on 'From Text' in the 'Get External Data' section of the tool bar.
4) The Step 1 of the Excel 'Text Import Wizard' will appear. Under 'Original data type' choose 'Delimited', and then click 'Next'.
5) Step 2 of the Excel 'Text Import Wizard' will appear. Under 'Delimiters' choose 'Comma', you may click 'Finish' to import the file at this or choose 'Next' to format the excel columns to your liking; Example purposes click 'Next'.
A Pop up window will appear for to confirm cell 'A3' as the correct cell. Click 'OK'.
6) The summary file will be imported in Excel.
Row 1 - Contains a unique identifier of Table ID and Line Number with a '_' between them
Row 2 - Contains the associated metadata for each unique Identifier
Row 3 - Is the first Row of the imported data