|Data Source:||Digitally transcribed by Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. Edited, verified by Michael Haines. Compiled, edited and verified by Social Explorer.|
Universe: Foreign Born White
|T43.||Place of Birth (Foreign Born White Population)|
|Universe: Foreign Born White|
- 1910 Census publication provided total white foreign born.
- In the county level, aggregation of persons from all foreign places of birth is the same as published total white foreign born. However, in the state level, aggregation of persons from all foreign places of birth over counts Census published white foreign born. This discrepancy occurred because state levelâs total white foreign born counts were derived from aggregating county levelâs total white foreign born. In the county level, depending on the state, selected foreign places of birth were iterated and others were omitted. Even though county levelâs published white foreign born counts were the same as the aggregations of persons from all foreign places of birth, they were less than the actual total foreign born counts had they iterated all places of birth.
- State level did not omitted any places of birth, hence the aggregation of person from all foreign places of birth will always be higher than the published total white foreign born counts (Published white foreign born counts for the State were aggregates of countiesâ total whites from foreign places of birth, and since counties did not iterate all places of birth, state levelâs published total whites with foreign places of birth counts will be lower than aggregation of person from all foreign places of birth).
- In 1910, published census volume also calculated 3 sub-universes: Canada (sum of French and British Canada born), Cuba and West Indies (sum of Cuba and West Indies born), and Turkey (sum of Asian Turkey and European Turkey born).
- All of Louisianaâs counties iterated those who were born in Cuba but did not iterate those that were born in the West Indies and furthermore did not calculate a Cuba and West Indies sub-universe. State of Louisiana and District of Columbia observations iterated Cuban born and have a Cuba and West Indies sub-universe, but did not iterate those born in the West Indies (for these two observations, users are advised to subtract those born in Cuba from sub-universe to obtain those born in West Indies.
- Universe: âTotal White Foreign Born Populationâ was created by Social Explorer.
- Caution: County levelâs total white foreign born is the aggregate of selected foreign places of birth (which was determined by the state). Louisianaâs counties are missing number of people born in Cuba (users are advised to add number of person born in Cuba to total white foreign born).
- National and State levelâs total white foreign born is aggregate of all persons with a foreign places birth.