Social Explorer offers several different types of annotations to enhance your map. These include place markers, hotspots, and a variety of drawing tools.
You can now directly save search results as annotations on Social Explorer maps. Type in your location of interest into the search box in the upper left corner of the screen, select an entry and you will be immediately presented with the “Save as annotation” option for your search result. To find out more about annotations, check out this guide.
- In the Change data menu, click for More options.
- Click Annotate map.
- Select the type of annotation you wish to use.
- Click on the area you want to annotate and set annotation options such as arrow title, fill, and opacity.
To use Arrow, Freehand, Shape, and Hotspot, click on the map and drag the cursor to annotate the area of interest. Hold the mouse button until your shape is complete. To add an image, a marker, or a label, click on the area you want to annotate. To add a line or a polygon, click on the map and move the cursor to the next point.
- Enable the optional map legend by clicking on the checkbox next to the Legend at the bottom of the Annotations panel.
If you enable the map legend, you can enter the annotation description in the title bar below Legend.
- When you have finished adding annotations, click Done.
To add more annotations to your map, go back to the Annotate map option from the More options menu and add or edit your annotations.