Set up personal account for easier remote access
The institutional license gives unlimited access to Social Explorer to all members of a subscribing institution with no additional signups or personal accounts. However, if you’re a member of a subscribing institution, you might still want to sign up for a personal account in order to save, share, and collaborate on maps and projects, or more easily access Social Explorer off-site. Here’s what you need to know about setting up a personal account.
- Visit Social Explorer while connected to your institutional network.
If you land on the Explore Maps page and see Professional plan provided by your institution in the header, it means that you now have full access to all tools and resources.
- Click on the Create Account button.
- Enter your email address.
- Finish the required steps to verify your email address.
- Set your name and password.
- Fill out the necessary information about your role and position.
- You now have full access to Social Explorer. You can see the license information in the upper right corner of the page.
By creating a personal account while connected to your institution’s network, your account is automatically authenticated for remote access to Social Explorer and all its data and features for three months.
You will need to re-authenticate your account every three months to maintain your professional license. Find out more here.