Get full access with a university email address
We have seen that a lot of students and professors sign up for Social Explorer using their official university email addresses. Hence, we have decided to introduce an email domain authentication.
Create an account with a university email address
If your institution has enabled email domain authentication, you will automatically get a license once you have created a Social Explorer account with your institutional email address. This license is valid for three months, after which you’ll need to re-authenticate it.
Create an account with a public email address
If you want to create your Social Explorer account with a public email address (Google, Outlook, etc.), you can still get a professional license by using your institutional email address as a method of authentication.
- Go to the signup page.
- Finish the required steps to verify your email address.
- Once your account has been created, set your name and password.
- Click on Education. Fill out the necessary information about your role and position.
- In the next window, you can check if your university has enabled email domain authentication. If it is enabled, you will be able to find your university on the list.
- Enter your university email address and we will send you a verification link to confirm your email address. Once confirmed, you will have access to the Professional Edition of Social Explorer.
For librarians and administrators: If you’d like to enable this option for your institution, contact us.