|Data Dictionary:||Religion 2009 (InfoGroup)|
|Data Source:||Data collected by InfoGroup, organized by the ARDA, tabulated and processed by Social Explorer.|
|Excerpt from:||Social Explorer Religion 2009 Documentation. Data collected by the InfoGroup, organized by the ARDA, tabulated and processed by Social Explorer.|
|Religion 2009 -> Religion by Families -> Methodist-Pietist Family|
Consists of churches that stress the importance of internal faith, spirituality, and Christian living over adherence to formal creeds and doctrine. The largest among these churches is the United Methodist Church, which follows the teachings of John Wesley, who in the 18th century broke away from the Church of England because of his emphasis on personal holiness.
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church
- Congregational Methodist Church
- Evangelical Congregational Church
- Evangelical Methodist Church
- Primitive Methodist Church in the U.S.A.
- Reformed Zion Union Apostolic Church
- Southern Methodist Church
- United Methodist Church