|Data Source:||Digitally transcribed by Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. Edited, verified by Michael Haines. Compiled, edited and verified by Social Explorer.|
Universe: Total Population
|T10.||Place of Birth By Nativity|
|Universe: Total Population|
- States and United States iterated all native places of birth (published Total Native Born Population is the same as aggregated table total).
- County level observations omitted iterations for certain native places of birth resulting in under counts of published Total Native Born Population (published Total Native Born Population is always higher than aggregated table total). Omission of iterations depended on the state's or territory's benchmark-density of individuals from a specific native place of birth residing in that state. For example, Connecticut has a benchmark-density of 2,500 individuals meaning Connecticutâs counties only iterated native places of birth with a state total of 2,500 or more. Each state has a distinct benchmark-density. The category âNative Born, Place of Birth Not Statedâ exists only in observations for the States and United States and is not present for counties.
- Category: âCounties Only: Native Places of Birth Unknown or Not Iterated by Countyâ made by Social Explorer. This category includes all individuals for county level observations that were not iterated because their native place of birth was either not stated or was one that was under the stateâs benchmark-density. States and United States will have zeros for this category.
- 1880 Census enumerated a number of foreign places of birth that were not included in the published census volume. State and United States did not have iterations for people born in Asia (not specified), Australia, Belgium, Europe (not specific), Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungrary, India, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Pacific Islands, Sandwich Island, South America, Turkey, and Born at Sea.
- Counties did not iterate previously listed places of birth plus other, state by state determined, underrepresented foreign places of birth. For Example, in addition to the above listed foreign places of birth, Connecticut's counties did not iterated people born in Italy despite having a count of 117 Italians in its state observation. Maine Iterated number of Italians at the county level, it did not iterate Switzerland despite a state total of 9.
- Category: âOther Foreign Places of Birthâ made by Social Explorer. Caution: For State and United States, this includes born in Asia (not specified), Australia, Belgium, Europe (not specific), Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungrary, India, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Pacific Islands, Sandwich Island, South America, Turkey, and Born at Sea. For Counties, this category included the same places of birth and other State determined places of birth. When using this table for counties refer to state table to determine which places of birth is included in this category.
- Warwick, VA will have a zero for this category (aggregated table total for these counties over counted published total foreign born).