|Data Source:||Digitally transcribed by Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. Edited, verified by Michael Haines. Compiled, edited and verified by Social Explorer.|
Universe: Sittings of All Denominations
|T47.||Sittings By Faith|
|Universe: Sittings of All Denominations|
- 1870 Census enumerated different types of religious organizations that were not included in the published census volume.
- State and United States did not have iterations for Moravians (Unitas Fratrum), Shakers, Spiritualist, Miscellaneous, Unknown (Local Missions), and Unknown (Union).
- Counties did not iterate previously listed religious organizations plus other, state by state determined, underrepresented religious organizations. For Example, in addition to the above listed religious organizations, Connecticut's counties did not iterated Jewish Organizations despite having a count of 5 Jewish organizations in its state observation. Louisiana iterated number of Jewish Organization at the county level, but did not iterate New Jerusalem Organization despite a state total of 1.
- Category: âOther Organizationsâ made by Social Explorer. Caution: For State and United States, this includes Moravians (Unitas Fratrum), Shakers, Spiritualist, Miscellaneous, Unknown (Local Missions), and Unknown (Union). For Counties, this category included the same religious organizations and other State determined religious organizations. When using this table for counties, refer to state table to determine which religious organizations are included in this category.
- Martin, NC, and Polk, GA will have a zero for this category (aggregated table total for these counties over counted published total foreign born).