|Data Source:||Digitally transcribed by Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. Edited, verified by Michael Haines. Compiled, edited and verified by Social Explorer.|
Universe: Foreign Born
|T13.||Place of Birth (Foreign Born Population)|
|Universe: Foreign Born|
- 1870 Census enumerated a number of foreign places of birth that were not included in the published census volume.
- States and United States did not have iterations for people born in Asia, Central America, Europe (not specific), Greece, Greenland, India, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Pacific Islands, Sandwich Island, South America, Turkey, and Birth place not stated.
- Counties did not iterate previously listed places of birth plus other, state by state determined, underrepresented foreign places of birth. For Example, in addition to the above listed foreign places of birth, Connecticut's counties did not iterated people born in Italy despite having a count of 117 Italians in its state observation. Maine iterated number of Italians at the county level, it did not iterate Switzerland despite a state total of 9.
- Category: âOther Foreign Places of Birthâ made by Social Explorer. CAUTION: For State and United States, this includes born in Asia, Central America, Europe (not specific), Greece, Greenland, India, Japan, Luxemburg, Malta, Pacific Islands, Sandwich Island, South America, and Turkey. For Counties, this category included the same places of birth and other State determined places of birth. When using this table for counties refer to state table to determine which places of birth is included in this category.
- Fairfield, CT, Richland, OH, Hamilton, TX, and Castilla, CO will have a zero for this category (aggregated table total for these counties over counted published total foreign born).