|Data Source:||Digitally transcribed by Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research. Edited, verified by Michael Haines. Compiled, edited and verified by Social Explorer.|
Universe: Native Born Population
|T11.||Place of Birth (Native Born Population)|
|Universe: Native Born Population|
- States and United States iterated all native places of birth (published Total Native Born Population is the same as aggregated table total).
- County level observations omitted iterations for certain native places of birth resulting in under counts of published Total Native Born Population (published Total Native Born Population is always higher than aggregated table total).
- Omission of iterations depended on the state's or territory's benchmark-density of individuals from a specific native place of birth residing in that state. For example, Connecticut has a benchmark-density of 2,500 individuals meaning Connecticutâs counties only iterated native places of birth with a state total of 2,500 or more. Each state has a distinct benchmark-density. The category âNative Born, Place of Birth Not Statedâ exists only in observations for the States and United States and is not present for counties.
- Category: âCounties Only: Native Places of Birth Unknown or Not Iterated by Countyâ made by Social Explorer. This category includes all individuals for county level observations that were not iterated because their native place of birth was either not stated or was one that was under the stateâs benchmark-density. States and United States will zeros for this category.
- Caution: Floyd, VA, King and Queen, VA, and Horry, SC will also have zero for this category (their aggregated total over counted published total native born).