Andrew A. Beveridge
Andrew A. Beveridge, Ph.D., President and CEO of Social Explorer, is a Professor of Sociology at Queens College and the Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York.
Since 1993, Dr. Beveridge has been a consultant to the New York Times, which has published numerous news reports and maps based upon his analysis of Census data. He writes the demographic topic column for the Gotham Gazette. Also, he is working on several research projects involving urban and neighborhood change.
He is an expert in using GIS techniques to integrate demographic materials. Aside from his extensive published work he has used such techniques in numerous consulting engagements with such clients as: Time Warner Cable of New York, the Newspaper Association of America, Davis Polk, and Sullivan and Cromwell, as well as with such non-profit organizations as the Connecticut Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Maryland, the Open Housing Center of New York City, Westchester Legal Services, the Center for Constitutional Rights, the Capital Defenders Office, among others.
He has taught in the Sociology Department of Columbia University. He received his Ph.D. and M.Phil. in sociology from Yale University and his B.A with honors in economics from Yale College. His research work has received grant and fellowship support from the American Council of Learned Societies, the National Science Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the American Philosophical Society, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Putnam Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and other agencies.
Curriculum Vitae:Click here for Dr. Beveridge's Complete Curriculum Vitae (html)
Click here for Dr. Beveridge's Complete Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- 2007 Award Statement by the American Sociological Association
- Memo to Census Bureau RE: American Community Survey Confidence Intervals and Census Response
- "Painting a Portrait" - an article from the Q Magazine (pdf)
- "Meeting of Minds" - CUNY campaign featuring distinguished professors
- Social Explorer Article for CUNY Center for Advanced Technology
- Profile of Dr. Beveridge in "Stratification and Inequality" - From Introduction to Sociology by Anthony Giddens, Mitchell Duneier, Richard P. Appelbaum